Who is the iLM Level 3 Certificate for?
The Level 3 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management are ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people though organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
Benefits for the individual
- Gain a range of key management skills and put them into practice in your own role.
- Build your leadership capabilities – motivate and engage teams, manage relationships confidently.
- Develop your leadership and management skills using your own knowledge, values and motivations.
Benefits for Employers
- Effective and confident first-line managers.
- Better relationships and communication in teams.
- Proven skills – to get this qualification, managers will need to show that they can transfer their new skills toyour organisation.
- Managers with the tools to develop their own skills and abilities.
The qualifications are made up of a wide range of units covering core management skills – such as understanding how to organise and delegate – plus skills in communication, team leadership, change, innovation and managing people and relationships. This flexibility in unit choice allows the qualification to be tailored to meet the needs of the individual and employer.
Flexibility and Choice
There are 2 groups, consisting of a total of over 80 units. The units offer a powerful breadth of choice, allowing the individual learner to tailor the qualification to suit their own personal development and organisational needs. Examples are:
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Planning and allocating work
- Understanding discipline in the workplace
- Understanding quality management in the workplace
- Understanding marketing for managers
- Leading and motivating a team effectively
- Workplace records and information systems
- Managing equality and diversity in your own area
- Delegating authority in the workplace
- Understanding financial management
For a full list of units and rules of combination, see the PDF below.