Data from 100,000 accidents shows that, in 95% of incidents, lax personal safety was to blame.
Personal Safety Workshop Content
Our Personal Safety Workshop focuses on overcoming the two key challenges to achieving sustained improvements in Personal Safety:
- Perceiving and assessing risks
- Taking personal responsibility to manage and mitigate those risks
We achieve this through working with your employees to help them:
- Improve their perception of risk
- Raise their capability to assess risk
- Ensure they take personal ownership to address the risks they have identified
- Increase their skills to manage and mitigate risk
Key areas we focus on are those areas that present the greatest risks to personal safety:
- Complacency or over-familiarity with the task
- Underestimating the complexity or possible outcomes of the task
- Entering into risk because the level of risk perceived is underestimated.
A Proven Approach Based on Human Factors and Critical Errors
Our Workshop gets your people involved in looking at risk assessment using a framework based on two proven approaches:
They will learn how to:
Monitor their level of rushing, frustration, fatigue, and complacency when undertaking each and every task
and in so doing:
Raise their consciousness of changes in those states as being a risk, as much of a risk as hazards in the environment.
This will create a fundamental cognitive shift in how your people assess future risk.